Who Am I?
First and foremost I’m a a working actor. I love telling stories through acting. When I am not acting I am either writing or producing a film, tv show, play or web series.
- I was in my first play at the age of five and I’ve been hooked ever since. It was a musical tribute to Walt Disney
- I am a proud graduate of the prestigious American Academy Of Dramatic Arts two year conservatory.
- My favorite lead roles were in When You Comin’ Back Red Ryder, The Dragon Play, The Sunset Limited and Prelude To A Kiss
- I wrote a one person show entitled A Fathers Love and have performed it in various theaters in Los Angeles
- I’ve been fortunate to have performed twice at the Geffen Playhouse and at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles.
I’m An Actor
I’m A Veteran
I served my country proudly as a member of the US Navy’s Combat Camera Unit. Was deployed multiple times with my last being in Iraq from 2005-2006.
- I joined later in life and went through bootcamp at age 32.
- I completed more than 200 combat missions.
- I been honored to have been awarded numerous service medals including the Combat Action Ribbon, Joint Service Achievement Medal, Iraqi Defense Medal and the Navy and Marine Corpse Achievement Medal
- I wrote a numerous articles and stories during my time in combat.
- I am forever grateful to the US Navy for everything it gave and allowed me to do. I am also thankful for everyone who has taken the oath and put on a uniform as I did. You are my brothers and sisters in arms and will always have your six.
Some of my highlights
I am a huge sports fan but I seem to root for teams that implode every year. I love:
- The Buffalo Bills – 19 seasons without a playoff win, thank you very much!
- The Toronto Maple Leafs – Stanley Cup winners in 1940!
- The San Diego Padres – or as other teams call them the MLB’s Triple A Team!
It is not rare to catch me on a football field on a Sunday morning. Seriously since my knees are shot anyone can catch me. I play, and I use that word loosely, in a couple of flag football leagues around Los Angeles. I’d actually like to start a Segway football league; anyone want in?
Although I don’t, and probably shouldn’t even attempt to, play volleyball anymore I still love the game. Love going to the beach and watching the games.
I ‘m always looking for a new sport or activity to get into. I’ve had a few injuries over the years so now I’m looking for things that are less stressful on the knees. I am still a competitor though and probably always will be.
I’m A Sports Fanatic
I’m An Adventurer
Some of my highlights
Recently took a cruise to to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. Met some amazing people and had a blast. Things to know about cruises.
- Get the all inclusive drink package. Its worth it trust me.
- Buy a case of water and bring it on board!
- Plan excursions!
Toronto and San Diego are currently tied for my favorite cities. I loved Thailand, Guatemala, El Salvador and the reef in Honduras. Although Thailand is by far my favorite get away.
There are few things I like better than hopping on my Harley and taking a road trip. I went from Los Angeles to Florida and back last year and it was incredible. I think I’m going to try to hit the four corners of the US next year; who’s down to ride with me?
I love the beach and anything to do with the sea. I’ve got a couple of wave-runners and try to take them out as often as possible. I’m always down for a beach day.
Here’s The Good Stuff. Some of My Best Work Is Featured Below.
Yes that’s right, you can see me in featured in a few commercials, short films and web series! New videos coming soon!
Strength & Conditioningjohnjpistone2015-11-24T16:29:27+00:00
Avada makes is easy to build beautiful, unique pages with the included tools
Our theme options, page options, shortcodes and more give you the power you need to create.Purchase Now